comment on Zionism discussion

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Jul 14 07:09:07 PDT 2001

teds wrote:

>To Mr. Henwood, your truck with the opposing-Zionism
>-is-rooted-in-anti-semitism view is curious. Nothing but a Stalinist-style
>smear, in my view.

Fuck you, pal. I didn't say that. I said that some people use anti-Zionism as a cover for anti-Semitism, and that it's important to keep the two separate. I said that partly because I think it's true and partly because as the moderator of this list, I wanted to make clear what I thought the limits of permissible speech in this august forum were. I have no idea who you are, but throwing around phrases like "Stalinist-style smear" is also testing the bounds of permissible speech.

Doug