comment on Zionism discussion

Michael Perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Sat Jul 14 16:55:28 PDT 2001

Isn't the relationship between the US and Israel complex. Israel has been a bulwark against left movements in the Middle East, but it also makes life difficult for some compliant governments in the region -- Jordan, Egypt, Saudia Arabia -- at the same time that it protects them in a way against more militant countries.

I don't think many political leaders can win many points by challenging Israel. George I may have gone as far as any president, giving the Israeli extremists a free hand.

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu