Anecdote from a friend

Chuck0 chuck at tao.ca
Wed Jul 18 19:29:46 PDT 2001

Michael Pugliese wrote:

> That's great! Can I send that anecdote to marxist at yahoogroups.com
>
> I remember a remark you made in one of those lost e-mails, Michael. It was
> something like, "Long live petty bourgeois, anarchistic individualism!" It
> reminds me of when, a few months back, a Kurdish Marxist friend came back
> from a stroll downtown. He told me there were about 200 anarchists
> demonstrating in front of a bank, calling for an anarchist STATE.
> --- Greg

Where did this happen? This guy is probably confused because anarchists would never be caught in public calling for a state.

<< Chuck0 >>

Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Alternative Press Review -> http://www.altpr.org/ Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Homepage -> http://flag.blackened.net/chuck0/home/

INTERNATIONALISM IN PRACTICE

An American soldier in a hospital explained how he was wounded: He said, "I was told that the way to tell a hostile Vietnamese from a friendly Vietnamese was to shout ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ If he shoots, he’s unfriendly. So I saw this dude and yelled ‘To hell with Ho Chi Minh!’ and he yelled back, ‘To hell with President Johnson!’ We were shaking hands when a truck hit us."

(from 1,001 Ways to Beat the Draft, by Tuli Kupferburg).