Reapproachment calls for practical actions with Internationals against Israeli

Brad Mayer bradley.mayer at ebay.sun.com
Thu Jul 19 20:28:05 PDT 2001

>Join with the International Solidarity Movement, the Rapprochement Center,
>and numerous international individuals and groups coming in August for 10
>days of opposition to and exposition of Israeli occupation of Palestinian
>land.

Although one can only support your call, and utterly admire the courage of those willing to put their lives on the line this way, I believe your focus is, perhaps tragically, misplaced.

First, you are confronting a real killer regime here, with no compunction about killing "foreigners" who get in the way. If you get into danger, you quite likely will be killed.

Unless, that is, you are an American. Americans getting into the line of danger, that might give them pause to think, and Americans getting killed, tragically, would certainly cause a stink. In the USA.

Which is where we must raise a ruckus like nowhere else. And at much less cost. Focus our nonviolent actions on the disgusting US Congress, who _overwhelmingly_ bellowed their approval of the collective punishment of the Palestinian people in a resolution passed last October, and who routinely award Tel Aviv with ever more armaments.

What actions do you propose HERE in the USA?

Sincerely., -Brad Mayer