Protester Shot in Head, Run Over in Genoa

Kelley Walker kwalker2 at gte.net
Sun Jul 22 00:02:12 PDT 2001

At 11:42 PM 7/21/01 -0700, Miles Jackson wrote:

>Kel, you're soooo negative! The modern state needs to keep most of
>us alive to produce wealth for the rich people. The killings of the
>few are in fact a pretty effective strategy for keeping the rest of
>us in line.
>
>Miles

did i say anything different?

---

oh geez i guess i wasn't clear and figured we'd had enough convos on this blasted list about the state as the monopoly on legitimate violence that i didn't need to add that pithy little expression. not to mention that i'm a sociologist. so, forgive me, but, ultimately the state is, in the end, a monopoly on the means of legit violence. anyone engaged in these protests and forwarding articles here about DAN on a regular basis ought to have learned that by now. proclaiming what a gleaming wreck it is and then excoriating max with the claim that the state's duty is not to kill citizens is living in groovilicious land with yoshie, breathing methane or needs to pass the bong. the statement just didn't even make a bit of sense logically.