Protester Shot in Head, Run Over in Genoa

Joe R. Golowka joeG at ieee.org
Mon Jul 23 11:40:16 PDT 2001

From: "Max Sawicky" <sawicky at bellatlantic.net>
> > "That context" is in your head. For everyone
> > else, the context is the contrary.
>
> JG:
> When were you appointed the spokesperson for everyone else? I'm not the
> only person who feels this way.
>
> mbs: no but there are damn few of you.

In the west, that's true. In the rest of the world (which constitutes the majority of the human population) that's not so true. There has been massive unrest in the "outer" provinces of the Empire. Just look at the stuff happening in Bolivia or Argentina or Ecuador or numerous other countries. I'm really not very optimistic about convincing people living in the seat of the Empire that it should be overthrown - most are quite comfortable with the crumbs of Imperialism. I see the role of the resistence in the heart of the Empire as being more sabotuers then anything else. We need to mess up the machine so that in places where the resistance is strong they can break off from the Empire. Once the "outer provinces" have successfully rebelled the Empire will begin to crumble and then we can worry about finishing it off with revolutions in the west.

> mbs: "Demands" are not the issue. I support them
> too. Tactics & strategy are.

As I've already stated, I do not advocate the use of violent tactics at these large demos in the US. I do, however, insist on having solidarity with our fellow revolutionaries even if they use tactics which I think are counterproductive. None of my comrades deserves to be shot, even if they make tactical errors by using violence. It's the state which are the agressors, not anti-capitalists who use counter-productive tactics.

> Yours are from hunger.
> You & your buds need to watch "Gandhi" about five times.

You need to get the cop out of your head.

Joe