Ethical foundations of the left

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Mon Jul 23 13:03:46 PDT 2001

Justin,

How, if at all does your view of ethics differ from the views of non-cognitivists like Ayer or Stevenson, or that of prescriptivists such as Hare?

Earlier, you asserted that you were a realist concerning ethics, yet your view of moral argument would seem to differ little from that of Ayer, who as I recall, argued in *The Central Questions of Philosophy*, that he failed to see what difference it would make if realism was true or not