Ethical foundations of the left

Kelley Walker kwalker2 at gte.net
Mon Jul 23 13:12:17 PDT 2001

At 07:39 PM 7/23/01 +0000, Justin Schwartz wrote:
>I don't go in for this Habermasian metaphysics (sorry, Kells!).

i don't much either. why hab gets reduced to communications theory and only that is beyond me. and aside from that, gee, do i have to say it a bizillion times: are people truly incapable of recognizing that its possible to read and understand a theorist and even defend him or her without necessarily agreeing with him or her, motivated more by sloppy interpretations of that theorist than anything else.

criminy! :)

kells (who is very much enjoying this back and forth! yay! my two fave philosophers going at it. i'm all aquiver!)