FW: [ASDnet] Are the Black Bloc police agents?

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Wed Jul 25 15:26:35 PDT 2001

I don't think the Black Bloc are cops. Problem is, their tactics are sometimes (often?) what cops would do as agent-provocateurs. That could also explain why they don't get arrested. As for adventurists disappearing after they stir up shit that others are forced to contend with, there are plenty of precedents for that too.

I keep going back to the D.C. A20 demos. There was much made of someone on the street being arrested with gasoline bombs. He & his bombs were briefly shown on the tv news. Asian dude with the bottles in a knapsack.

But his identity was never subsequently revealed, nor have I noticed any news of his prosecution.

mbs

Brad DeLong wrote:

> So is Stefano Agnoletto claiming that Carlo Giuliani was a police
> agent, shot by mistake by another group of police when their fake
> anti-police demonstration seemed a little too real?
>
> Brad DeLong

I haven't followed this thread, so I don't know about this event specifically, but it has often happened that police killed their agents or each other. An amusing case in Detroit 30 some years ago. The cops raided a private poker game -- in which the participants happened to be police, who naturally shot back at what they thought were thugs breaking in, etc. etc.

But I still tend to believe that the SLA was at its core police agents who got double-crossed by their masters and slaughtered to prevent exposure. And I believe that the Russian group who assassinated the Grand Duke consisted mostly of Czarist secret police, whose motive was to maintain a sufficient threat to justify their own existence. Cops are untrustworthy in all directions.

Carrol

Carrol