Ethical foundations of the left

Ken Hanly khanly at mb.sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 25 15:59:10 PDT 2001

Well we seem to agree more than we disagree. If find you remark about Posner remarkable though. Someone who does not see the relevance of millions of unnecessary deaths and vast misery as counting against an unrestrained free market surely is extremely odd. How could he not get the point? Does he really hold that unnecessary deaths and vast misery are not bad consquences! And if he didnt see these as evils why would he not concede the point that the system does have these results? Why would it matter to him that these results were not produced unless he somehow thought they were bad?

Cheers, Ken Hanly

----- Original Message ----- > But it's not possible to test philosophical propositions in such a