Cincinnati & the X Factor

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Jul 26 08:02:54 PDT 2001

At 03:54 PM 7/25/01 -0700, Michael P. wrote:
>>...Apparently, peaceful and
>
> Course, what pisses me off more than "underclass" social deviance, is
>overclass cell phone toting, Palm Pilot obnoxiousness...Come The Revolution,
>I'm Taking Out The Cellular One Bldg! My Brigade Will Take Down The
>Transmission Towers Which Lead To Higher Rates Of Cancer In Neigborhoods
>Nearby...

Do not forget the conspicuously obnoxious not-that-you-would-but-you-could SUV drivers cutting everyone else off or blasting their mega-watt car radios in your face - I daydream of taking them out with a bazooka.

As far as cell phone fetishism is concerned - this is usually the domain of assorted "wannabe" schmucks showing off how important they are (the stipulation being that they must be in contact all th etime, otherwise thigs would fall apart). True power brokers have their secretaries make phone calls for them.

Another thought - delinquency and obnoxiousness is what often unites upper and lower classes. Examples: lower and upper class men often find common pleasures in degrading women, fascination with violence, bashing of unpopular minorities (gays, liberals, lefties, and assorted artistic types), in-your-face-behavior (such farting, belching, shouting, blasting music, shooting, playing golf, etc.), killing animals for pleasure, aggressive driving, etc. This unity is what get the Schrub (almost) elected, no?

wojtek