Percentage of stockholders

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sat Jul 28 11:22:01 PDT 2001

The question as phrased is irrelevant. Because of various retirement plans, etc. huge numbers own _very small_ amounts of stock. It is utterly misleading to consider them stockholders in any political or social sense. Their ownership is trivial, and they earn their living as workers, not capitalists or even petty producers.

Carrol