zionism (again)

Iyyar alef at sysmatrix.net
Sun Jul 29 03:08:57 PDT 2001

And you are comparing apples with oranges. The Middle East is not the United States and Muslim countries also have in place laws which preclude Jewish ownership of land and are specific to a Muslim identity. Israel came into being at a time when which really hasn't changed very much, except that Israel also allowed Arab participation in the government, provided Muslims with a democratic system of government which provides for every ideology to be represented in the government and in many ways is far more superior; that is, far more democratic than anything we have here. It really is unfair to call them racist for being self-preservationist especially with 2000 years of flagrant and persistent anti-Jewish decrees and explusions, Inquisitions, Crusades and all the rest. In time Israel would not exist at all. Any criticism must take all that into consideration or it is unfair and not untypical of the LEFT I have been apart of for 40 years.

g0lem http://pnews.org/

[on the interNUT since 82]