Ethical foundations of the left

Ian Murray seamus2001 at home.com
Sun Jul 29 13:35:37 PDT 2001

> >Which is why us working class stiffs hate political theory speak by
> >talking heads.
>

> well, i disagree. i'm a working class stiff and i love it--from
habermas to
> adorno to wolfe to ehrenreich to zinn to lacan to zizek. i read this
stuff
> after years of working in some of the worst kinds of employment you
can
> imagine. it gave words to what i already knew. and from teaching
night
> school in extension colleges, i know i'm not alone on this. you
appropriate
> the other for your purposes, i'll appropriate them for mine and
we'll call
> it even steven.
>

> kelley
=========== Hey I luv the stuff too, but we're not exactly in the middle of the bell curve of the working class' reading habits. I used H and M and F to great effect in an organizing drive; read 'em on my lunch break and then hook up with coworkers at the punchout clock. We lost, but even the weakest of union supporters learned a lot about CA without jargonizing in the middle of intense conflicts with mgmt.

Ian