Anti-Zionism Is Racism

Forstater, Mathew ForstaterM at umkc.edu
Sun Jul 29 22:09:29 PDT 2001

Ian "Anderson" Murray, you are a scary dude sometimes.

But remember, that lyric was written by a 12 year old kid, if I recall correctly, who had won a poetry contest of some kind.

Rockingest flautist I know, though.

But yes, ideology does drive a lot if it. I forget if I 'shared' this: back in those wild 70s, when I was 16, I got into some big trouble in the burbs' and one of my 'punishments' was that my parents sent me on a synagogue bus tour of Israel. The 'tour guide' cleaned his pistol between stops. We went to a kibbutz where they had life-size cardboard 'Arabs' out in a field. They looked like the targets at shooting range (on teevee and in movies, anyway). They herded us all into a spot where, without warning, a loudspeaker siren suddenly went off that scared the shit out of you. Then there was sound effects of gunfire and women and children screaming as the 'Arab' cutouts moved quickly in from the field toward where we were standing.

still reeling from that one

mat overworked/overtired/overlimit

-----Original Message----- From: Ian Murray [mailto:seamus2001 at home.com] Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2001 8:40 PM To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Re: Anti-Zionism Is Racism

MF wrote:

> a farmer or pastoralist whose family has tilled the soil or herded
> livestock for generations as a basic mode of subsistence has a right
> continue that way of life in the face of an invasion by outsiders
> carrying bibles and/or guns. no?
======== "The poet and the wise man Stand behind the gun, behind the gun"

Ian Anderson/Jethro Tull "Thick as a Brick"