Anti-Zionism Is Racism

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Jul 29 22:59:15 PDT 2001

"Forstater, Mathew" wrote:

> They herded us all into a spot where,
> without warning, a loudspeaker siren suddenly went off that scared the
> shit out of you. Then there was sound effects of gunfire and women and
> children screaming as the 'Arab' cutouts moved quickly in from the field
> toward where we were standing.

Doesn't it remind you of the old "Cowboys and Indians" movies with the settlers defending themselves against the savages. I think Mahmud Darwish felt an echo:

The Earth is Closing on Us

The earth is closing on us, pushing us through the last passage, and

we tear our limbs to pass through. ............................ Where should we go after the last frontiers? Where should the birds

fly after the last sky?

>From _Victims of a Map: A Bilingual Anthology of Arabic Poetry__

Carrol