Anti-Zionism Is Racism

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 29 23:03:56 PDT 2001

>but why does the right for Jews to have a state (and I think this is
>problematic--there are tons of 'peoples' that don't have their own
>'countries'--except that they do in the sense that they have a
>country--the country they live in--the country just isn't a country
>defined by their religion or ethnicity. . . .

I really do not think it is productive to talk in the abstract about wheher the Jews have a right to a state, or Israel has a right to exist, or whether Zionism was a bad idea. Israel exists, and will until some angry group of people get hold of some surplus Soviet nukes or cook up a batch of airborne Ebola or some such horror. Is we wish to prevent that evil, and also secure justice in some measure for the Palestinians, we will bend our efforts to making Israel behave decently. Even the PLO has long since given up the goal of annihilating the Zionist entity,etc. Let's not put ourselves in the position of playing catchup with Arafat. --jks