Anti-Zionism Is Racism

Forstater, Mathew ForstaterM at umkc.edu
Mon Jul 30 14:40:04 PDT 2001

I know it was a spoof, Ian... But it was an interesting concept. I was about the same age or a little younger, one of my older brothers had it. (He also has some albums or at least one by a band called "Troika" that I eventually got hold of but then it ended up in an acquaintance's hands who I lost track of. In my mind, I remember it as an awesome sort of hard rock acid blues, almost Beefheartesque, but this might only be in my mind. Does anyone know of them?). He also had a lot of Keith Emerson, ELP, etc. Haven't heard any driving rocking 'classical' music in a while. My brother was in a band at the time, or a little earlier, called "The Purple Avocados". Those were the days. Whoops, if this is what I'm starting posting to lbo already at 5, I better pull the plug, who knows where this will go by tonight. That's funny that the kids nickname was "Lttle Milton", what was the explanation for that. I remember the picture on the cover, it was a fake newspaper, and the kid had horn rim glasses and a serious, almost defiant look. Could have even been Elvis Costello at 12. Was there some controversy about whether he had actually written it (within the story, I know it was a spoof..)

From: Ian Murray [mailto:seamus2001 at home.com]

======== That was a spoof. Gerald 'Little Milton' Bostock, was Anderson's Freudinized childhood self/alter ego. I was twelve when I first heard the album, definitely touched the philosophy nodule in me.