Something you're not likely to see from me again soon

Tue Jun 5 07:09:33 PDT 2001

Claim any women philosophers ?

CB

>>> jkschw at hotmail.com 06/04/01 11:32PM >>>
No, Herodotus is an early commentator on cultural relativity, unlike Thucydides, who insists that humanity is everywhere the same. However, W was heaping obloquoy on philosophy, and while we may claim Protagoras and even Heraklitos, and maybe (later) Vico, Herodotus belongs to History.--jks