Something you're not likely to see from me again soon

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Tue Jun 5 07:31:16 PDT 2001

Charles Brown wrote:

> Claim any women philosophers ?

In my youth, my main introduction to philosophy was Susanne Langer's _Philosophy in a New Key_, which I still remember with pleasure. She was a student of Whitehead, one of the philosohers of change. And shortly before I began to be involved in political activity I read extensively in Hannah Arendt. From a devveloped marxist viewpoint she is pretty anti-marxist; from the viewpoint of someone utterly innocent of marxism or political experience, she was an eye-opener.

Carrol