Job Interviews...

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Tue Jun 5 11:04:46 PDT 2001

Q. What's the last math course you took? A. Vector calculus. Q. Yean, but can you add?

(Didn't get the job, of course.) Joanna Bujes

They're never happy are they? It's always something.

I went through SoMarket ad agencies and design firms in the early nineties with a portfolio and all they wanted to know was if I knew the key-stroke short cuts on a Mac using Photoshop. I didn't since all the work was done on a PC, which was actually harder to get results from at the time.

After several months, I realized I didn't even want the jobs listed any more. One afternoon, I came out of an elevator into yet another beautiful, high tech design lobby and the receptionist with purple hair and a nose ring looked at me like I was some homeless guy who just shit on the floor. I looked down at my T-shirt which was covered in holes and had a yogurt stain near the belly button. Hmm. Bet she thought that was cum. My sneakers were worn down from climbing trips and the leg rim on my baggy shorts was torn. Oh, well, too late to worry about any of that.

``Hi, my name is Chuck Grimes. I came to see Ms. So-in-so. Yes I should be on the calender....''

Chuck Grimes