populist.org column on Sullivan and Judicial Nominations

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Wed Jun 6 19:41:43 PDT 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "kelley" <kelley at interpactinc.com>
>kind of sick that you'd piggy ahem back on this issue to push some boring
>old party politics over jeffords ditching the pukes and the shifting power
>plays in congress.

Sorry you're disappointed to link Sulivan to "boring" issues such as who will control our lives, including our sexual lives, on the courts, but I thought the reason Sullivan was dangerous was because he was pushing conservative morality politically..

But that's the point of the article- folks are far more interested in debating personal lives than the real effects of policy. It's postmodern gossip sanctified by the magic words "the personal is political."

-- Nathan Newman