BdL on BE

Max Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Thu Jun 7 03:04:44 PDT 2001

Lloyd Bentsen used to say that focusing on children was the only way he thought progress could be made--that the idea of the frontier and the self-reliant individual was just too strong in America for there to be a durable majority coalition that worried about the single working poor. Brad DeLong

One data point: when I introduced my idea about a mega-kiddie-credit to a group of progressives, who shall remain nameless, they said the problem with it was it had nothing for families without children.

mbs