Decline of KPFK

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Tue Jun 12 09:02:13 PDT 2001

More on Pacifica, specifically the decline of KPFK in Los Angeles which has turned into a station barely worth turning the the dial to. I used to listen to the KPFK news regularly -- no more though it is so awful, insulting compared to the previous incarnation. Mark Schubb and Marc Cooper dominate KPFK now and it has badly deteriorated. We now have ooga booga shows about spiritual healing, etc., little to no original news reporting (Frank Stoltz left a couple of years ago and the department died), and far too many NPR type hosts who the station claims are more "professional" but are boring to the bone. Marta Russell

-- Marta Russell author, Los Angeles, CA http://disweb.org/ Beyond Ramps: Disability at the End of the Social Contract http://www.commoncouragepress.com/russell_ramps.html