Rob Schaap on Foucault

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 13 08:51:21 PDT 2001

Well, during much of Marx's life, workers were organizing the First International; his political career started with a revolution (1848) and more or less ended with another (1875). He went throughta period of retrenchment and resignation in the 1850s. And besides, Marx hadn't been through what we have. Even if it would not have been irrational for Marx to expect revolution immanently, that does not reflect one way or another on what it is rational for us to expect today. --jks