China Fascism weeds out the "unfit" from higher education

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Sun Jun 24 15:10:58 PDT 2001

Nathan:

>As for Yoshie's post on China's humane treatment of the disabled, it still
>reinforces the eugenics thrust of policy: Note:
>
>"The Maternal and Child Health Care Law forbids the marriage of
>persons with certain specified contagious diseases or certain acute
>mental illnesses such as schizophrenia. If doctors find that a couple
>is at risk of transmitting disabling congenital defects to their
>children, the couple may marry only if they agree to use birth
>control or undergo sterilization."
>
>Yes, the Chinese government will let the disabled live out their lives -
>uneducated and without children - but to terminate their genetic line with
>their deaths.

The word "humane" is not the one I used; I simply said, "Deplorable, yes, but not fascist & better than many underdeveloped nations." How do you think the disabled live in nations with economic development comparable to or worse than China? Are they all admitted to universities, well employed, & married with children if they want to, unlike the disabled in China?

Yoshie