China Fascism weeds out the "unfit" from higher education

Tue Jun 26 14:11:34 PDT 2001

Charles Brown wrote:

> CB: Since we are playing fast an loose with the definition of "fascism" , I denounce the U.S. as fascist for the bombings of Yugoslavia and Iraq, and also the supporters of these fascist actions.

I of course want to limit the term more rigorously than Charles does, but he is perfectly correct here.

CB: I agree with Carrol on defining fascism more rigorously , and not fast and loose: the openly terrorist rule of the most chauvinist, reactionary sectors of finance capital.

The crime of genocide ( crime against humanity , I believe) was established by Nuremburg tribunals and UN against acts of especially the Nazi fascists. There are also crimes against peace.

(((((((

There is no doubt that the nation whose foreign policy in the last 50 years has most resembled (in fact has gone beyond) that of Hitler's Germany is the United States. And from the perspective of the world's peoples, the U.S. is also undoubtedly a far greater threat than ever Hitler was. And at least Hitler's apologists did not rebuke (say) the French Resistance as criminally violent, as David McReynolds has recently done in reference to the Palestinians fighting the genocidal policies of Israel.

Carrol