China Fascism weeds out the "unfit" from higher education

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 23:37:51 PDT 2001

--- Charles Brown <CharlesB at CNCL.ci.detroit.mi.us> wrote: >

> CB: I agree with Carrol on defining fascism more rigorously , and not fast
> and loose: the openly terrorist rule of the most chauvinist, reactionary
> sectors of finance capital.

Why _finance_ capital? Finance is typically far more open and international than industrial capital; it has a lot more to lose from autarky and less to gain from chuavinism, particularly if that is oupled with austerity. The stereotypic fascist is the small industrialist or shopkeeper, not the banker.

dd

===== ... in countries which do not enjoy Mediterranean sunshine idleness is more difficult, and a great public propaganda will be required to inaugurate it. -- Bertrand Russell