Defining Fascism

Archer.Todd at ic.gc.ca Archer.Todd at ic.gc.ca
Fri Jun 29 11:38:18 PDT 2001

and Charles Brown said:

>CB: The question would be, why haven't you been speculating about the
>United States state beginning to resemble fascist regimes in its policies
before that. The U.S. has more characteristics like that of a >fascist state than the Chinese state.

Sorry gents; this slightly read ignoramus still can't see the U.S. going fascist anytime soon (maybe in the future, depending upon what the world economy does to the U.S. petit bourgeois). Dangerously reactionary and authoritarian, you betcha. I don't know enough about China to say with "certainty," but the initial post that started this thread seemed to remind me more of bourgeois-minded economics: all these people who are being refused entry to the university because of various handicaps would have cost the university a lot more money supporting them than it would have gotten out of them. Same sort of logic goes for the organ-harvesting of executed criminals: make money by saving or by selling to the Nth degree. Again, not so much fascist as (even more) authoritarian-type parsimonious-capitalist government.

Todd