BK on Identity

Brad Mayer bradley.mayer at ebay.sun.com
Fri Mar 2 11:35:26 PST 2001

Yep, Yoshie, in practice this issue has been with us since it first emerged in the US Civil War (where, in NYC, quite a few white worker knuckleheads, believing that freeing the African-American slave would bring down wages, staged their own veritable Kronstat on Manhattan island during July 1864. In political content far worse than Kronstat, of course, but it is still the greatest single urban civil disturbance in US history. Apparently the notion that white workers gain from the oppression of nonwhites is promoted these days by guilt-ridden white liberal intellectuals rather than by open racists. Or at least these are the imperial procounsuls of choice...for the historical moment.

-Brad Mayer, Enganing in an autonomist refusal to work by posting to this list ;-)