BK on Identity

Dennis Breslin dbreslin at ctol.net
Fri Mar 2 14:18:11 PST 2001

Brad Mayer wrote:
> Apparently the notion that white workers gain from the oppression
> of nonwhites is promoted these days by guilt-ridden white liberal
> intellectuals rather than by open racists. Or at least these are the
> imperial procounsuls of choice...for the historical moment.

Am not! Are too! Am not! Are too! On the other hand I was raised Catholic so I can entertain guilt for an eternity. But no, not of choice. On the third hand, rather than dissing poiny, what else was behind those copperhead riots? An unfounded fear? Sure. But wasn't there also a refusal to share? If you take this thread as an apology for racism, then you're missing the point. What would you do in that riot? Get up on a soapbox and say "Now look here, we're all in this together?" That strategy can only go so far. Methinks the charge boings back.

> Enganing in an autonomist refusal to work by posting to this list ;-)

Now there's a something I'll endorse!