BK on Identity

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Tue Mar 6 09:07:20 PST 2001

At 03:59 PM 3/5/01 -0500, Charles Brown wrote:

>CB: The propositions " white or male workers benefit from racism or male
>supremacy" or " white workers or men workers, on balance, benefit from
>racism or male supremacy" are not proven either, are they ?

The ampersand problem in left discourse.

Maria C. Lugones and Elizabeth V. Spelman, "Have We Got a Theory for You! Feminist Theory, Cultural Imperialism, and the Demand for `The Woman's Voice'," Women's Studies International Forum 6(6): 573-581 (1983).

Inessential Woman "Gender and Race: The Ampersand Problem in Feminist Thought," Elizabeth Spelman (pp.114-132)