BK on Identity

Tue Mar 6 10:47:06 PST 2001

>>> kwalker2 at gte.net 03/06/01 01:38PM >>>

>well, i've watched the NAACP hearings on Cspan, twice. I've kept up with
>and send almost everything I read here, in FL, to this list and
>elsewhere. I tell people what happened in my precinct, a minority
>precinct. yadda.
>
>never mind.

>CB: Oh, if only we could get you some associates. Working singlehandedly
>is difficult.

it is unclear to me why i'm getting treated to the snide remarks. i asked a serious question and got shat on -- treated as if i were ignorant of what happened in FL. you and i had a brief discussion offlist, as i recall. otherwise, i asked b/c most of the white people i speak with can't wrap their heads around how the things that happened in florida are evidence of racism. so i was asking you if you or others had better ways than i of getting across how structural racism works.

TIA

kelley

(((((((((

CB: If you can find some like minded people locally, thinking about it together might help with the problem, and might make the frustration more bearable. However, I don't know that I have special skills in overcoming the brainwashing dished out by the monopoly media/education system for about the last 20 years.

What are the people you talk to saying as a response to what you say ?