Adopt a highway

Daniel Davies d_squared_2002 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 09:47:22 PST 2001

--- jf noonan <jfn1 at msc.com> wrote: > On Thu, 8 Mar

> The other day when I heard this story on NPR, I was
> thinking to
> myself if I lived there I drive by daily with
> garbage to throw
> out there. Then I heard that they weren't cleaning
> it anyway.
> And the two signs that have been erected in their
> name have been
> ripped down as soon as they were put up.

The risk, of course, local governments being the fine efficient organisations that they are, is that one department is going to put the sign back up again, another department is going to think that the Klan has given up and that they need to clean the road, and then some poor fucker is going to get accidentally-on-purpose run over while doing his job.

dd