Still MORE leftist attacks on free speech?

Brad Mayer bradley.mayer at ebay.sun.com
Thu Mar 8 17:40:10 PST 2001

Flynns' statement:

"the subsequent mob prevention of former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu from speaking"

is a bald-faced lie. In fact, Netanyahu and his sponsers _cancelled_ his speaking tour _throughout_ the Bay Area, not just Berkeley, hiding behind a US State Dept. claim - disinformation actually - of "threats of violence". The activists, led by Lubins' Middle East Childrens' Alliance, never had anything to "prevent" or disrupt, had that been their intention - which it wasn't.

Yes, I'm trying to dig up local info on the "Daily Californian" (the official UCB student paper, very mainstream) trashing incident through my local contacts right now.

-Brad Mayer Oakland, CA