World 'equity culture' at risk

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Thu Mar 8 16:59:47 PST 2001

>Carl Remick wrote:
>
>>We ask all our readers to observe a one-minute silence on March 10th
>>to mark the first anniversary of the Nasdaq peak.
>
>Which LBO will celebrate by launching - finally - the
>leftbusinessobserver.com domain!
>
>Doug

Wheeeeeee, I just got LBO #96 in the mail! I liked the description of orthodox, neoclassical economists as a breed "who generally have the minds of calculators and the souls of fleas."

Doug, I don't understand what Bhagwati is getting at when he says the "Quad", i.e. rich, countries are starving the WTO and that it's not their preferred institution. Who pushed to create it? The rich countries, n'est pas?

Peter