Greedy pig update

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 9 17:24:16 PST 2001

[From Bloomberg]

Weill Pushes Fearsome Five Aside

By Graef Crystal

Las Vegas, March 9 -- Ten days ago, I lambasted five chief executives of large, publicly traded Wall Street firms for earning a total of $154 million in 2000.

Little did I know that three days later, I would discover that Citigroup Inc.'s Sanford Weill earned more than $215 million by my calculation. That's 40 percent more than all the members of the "Fearsome Five" pay list combined.

Or that Robert Rubin, Weill's consigliere, earned $54.5 million -- a figure 47 percent higher than the $37 million going to Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co.'s Philip Purcell, who topped the earlier list.

[Full text: http://www.bloomberg.com/feature/feature984155051.html]

Carl