tax cut

Brad Mayer bradley.mayer at ebay.sun.com
Fri Mar 9 17:22:32 PST 2001

Betcha they wouldn't. There's no causal economic linkage between Japanese (or anybody elses') commodity exports to the US, and their export of surplus financial capital to the US in the form of US Treasury bond holdings. The only causal connection of economic significance that I can see is if they were to actually move to liquidate the mountain of bank/corporate debt in Japan. But that's exactly what Tokyo and its banks won't do. Neither did they during the last recession, despite massive losses in their US real estate and financial holdings.

-Brad Mayer Oakland, CA