reparations & exploitation

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 10 12:29:10 PST 2001

Actually, I don't think capitalists are be definition expropriators or exploiters. They are surplus takers by definition, but surplus taking is not necessarily exploitation. It might be morally OK, like transfers to those unable to work. The argument that capitalism involves morally objectionable exploitation depends on a complex empirical and moral theory, which is not true by defition. It would be much less interesting if it were. --jks