Willing sex slaves

Diane Monaco dmonaco at pop3.utoledo.edu
Tue Mar 6 07:50:45 PST 2001

jc helary wrote:

> > There is much more to read out there on the realities of sex trafficking.
>
>i am sure you can enlight me personaly with a list of references.

Well, thanks for asking. I must confess that my response to your post came at the precise time I was finishing a draft of a paper on trafficking in women (the demand-side) that I will present in Cleveland soon. I would attach a copy but it is so full of Gary Becker style "altruism in the family" utility functions with accompanying partials, that, I fear, you may never want to speak on this topic again :-). I will, however, offer links to two readable papers that discuss some of the factors increasing trafficking on the "demand-side."

[I thought there was a link for this one...perhaps not...anyway here is the reference]

Taylor, Ian and Ruth Jamieson, "Sex Trafficking and the Mainstream of Market Culture: Challenges to Organised Crime Analysis," Crime, Law and Social Change, 32:257-278, 1999.

http://www.uta.edu/huma/enculturation/2_2/cole/

Diane