bankruptcy

Michael McIntyre mmcintyr at wppost.depaul.edu
Fri Mar 16 07:25:53 PST 2001

Do y'all remember Nathan's confident prediction that Senate Democrats wouldn't roll over on the bankruptcy bill? Certainly no veto-proof majority there, said he, intimating that a filibuster might even be in the offing. So driving in this morning what do I hear? The bill passes with 83 votes. Yup, two-thirds of the Senate Dems cozied up to the FIRE. Just when I think that I'm nothing but a cynical middle-aged commie, Nathan's pals show me that I'm not nearly jaded enough. Damn, even gloating isn't fun any more.

Michael McIntyre