Free Speech

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 18 20:10:19 PST 2001

Jim,

The state of free speech in England is becoming alarming. First, the new terrorism law, now this harassment theory. Probably I could be liable in England for something for saying this. For all the manifold defects of American constitutionalism, it makes me want to go out and give the First Amendment a great big hug. Is there any protection from the new laws in the EU, which has made some supranational right enforcveable in the courts of member states?

--jks