Brown students trash Horowitz

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Mar 20 14:12:13 PST 2001

Carrol Cox wrote:

>5. Once again we see the easy assumption of white radicals that their
>political judgment is automatically superior to any black political
>judgment.

Once again we see the easy assumption of a white radical that a group of people unknown by name, ethnicity, or number - self-identifying only as "persons of color" - become "black political judgment."

Somehow, though, all those black Gore voters just don't count as "black political judgment," right?

>6. The police power of the state was not invoked in the suppression of
>speech; hence references to freedom of speech are prima facie evidence
>of either intellectual slovenliness or racism.

So if a bunch of neo-Nazis destroyed copies of the Peoples Weekly World, there'd be no free speech issue involved?

Doug