Personal versus Political (was Re: adjunct pay whine)

michael perelman michael at ecst.csuchico.edu
Tue Mar 20 19:53:36 PST 2001

Wonderful news!

Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:

> I promise
> to Justin, Jordan, Carrol, Doug, Michael P., Michael H., & other
> concerned individuals to finish _this year_!).

By the way, the whole question about academica is complex. We academics live in a feudal institution, which is rapidly becoming ever more subject to the rules of the market. The feudal wierdness is galling, although from what i have seen the European mandarins are far more unsufferable than we are, but we can be pretty bad.

While we can rail against the inequities of our feudal hierarchy, what lies ahead is far more ominous. --

Michael Perelman Economics Department California State University Chico, CA 95929

Tel. 530-898-5321 E-Mail michael at ecst.csuchico.edu