Personal versus Political (was Re: adjunct pay whine)

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema crdbronx at erols.com
Wed Mar 21 07:55:03 PST 2001

It's more ominous, but also, in other ways, more promising. I work in another professional field, though my parents were academics, and I've spent much of my life trying to adapt trade-unionism to professional work. It isn't just a simple matter of bringing the word. Professional values are not unimportant, and there are aspects to them that are very well worth preserving. A task for leftists, especially academic leftists, perhaps, will be to think out how to assess these realities as they change. Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema