Bankruptcy grace period

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Fri Mar 23 01:15:12 PST 2001

As an attorney, I would advise folks not to engage in unauthorized practice of law, which is itself illegal. "Practice of law" is application of legal rules to specific sets of real facts for the purpose of offering legal advice. Tell people who are contemplating bankruptcy to see a good bankruptcy lawyer. --jks

Hey, Michele

You want to go after this with a federal court official? Should be worth a few rounds of fun---seeing as how you had me practicing on myself without authorization back when ....

Justin, here's a legal question. Does applying legal rules to specific sets of real facts for the purpose of offering myself legal advice, constitute a violation of this principle? Does someone who advises someone else to engage in this practice, violate this principle--if neither party is an officer of the court, i.e an attorney?

Chuck Grimes