Reparations -- Yes? (was Re: Joy In Horowitzville)

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 23 08:00:53 PST 2001

I think that is one among several reasons why reparations might be problematic. In addition, as I told Charles, I am unhappy with the government classifying people racially, although I guess the point would be at least officially it would not be by race but by descent from someone who was held in slavery. But I don't want to get into the merits of the idea. I just wasnt to point out that practicalities are not an obstacle. The debate should be on whether reparations would be a good idea, not whether they could be implemented. They could. It wouldn't be hard and it wouldn't be particularly expensive from an administrative point of view. --jks