Anti-Semitism and Anti-Globalization

Shane T Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Fri Mar 23 16:50:08 PST 2001

"Lisa & Ian Murray" writes:

> The "North" should take it's cue from the "South" on the
> civilization beyond
> globalization issue. Folks like Walden Bello and Hanah Petros have
> far more
> interesting ideas and strategies for where we need to go than people
> like
> Tonelson....

I wholeheartedly agree. My interest, which I should have worded more clearly, was not "Should we take our ques from Tonelson?" but "Why is Mark Cooper taking his ques from Tonelson?" The only reason I even think that's a question worth asking is because _the Nation_ does have (in the "North" at any rate) some influence within the movement, as does _AdBusters_ (personal experience suggests the latter has greater appeal than the former, though I don't know circulation figures for either). This fits into my larger concern of how those of us here in the "North" in the poorly named "anti-globalization" movement address the right-wing inside the movement that seek nationalist or Neo-Malthusian solutions to global problems, if that's even a fair question to raise.

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.