Anti-Semitism and Anti-Globalization

Lisa & Ian Murray seamus at accessone.com
Fri Mar 23 23:21:34 PST 2001

> I wholeheartedly agree. My interest, which I should have worded more
> clearly, was not "Should we take our ques from Tonelson?" but "Why is
> Mark Cooper taking his ques from Tonelson?" The only reason I even think
> that's a question worth asking is because _the Nation_ does have (in the
> "North" at any rate) some influence within the movement, as does
> _AdBusters_ (personal experience suggests the latter has greater appeal
> than the former, though I don't know circulation figures for either).
> This fits into my larger concern of how those of us here in the "North"
> in the poorly named "anti-globalization" movement address the right-wing
> inside the movement that seek nationalist or Neo-Malthusian solutions to
> global problems, if that's even a fair question to raise.
>
> -- Shane

Well, what films and tunes are they diggin' on? What makes 'em create the arrogant facade of insecurity? We're named if we don't name ourselves with sumthin' catchy. Let's beat 'em at their own game of naming.....we can fit it on a button and a bumper sticker if we try. An anti-authoritarian political ecology that refuses to shame sexuality, only the domination that is the result of an unnecessary poverty. Let's have a peace against poverty campaign. Dance for democracy; ecological epistemologies; post colonial carnivals; technologies of trust-not paranoia; medicines for the manipulated, marginalized and ignored not gerontocracies and gladiators....Alliterations for altruisms......

Ian