Student Protests Against Horowitz Ad]

Dennis dperrin13 at mediaone.net
Wed Mar 28 10:51:36 PST 2001

> Are you opposed to sabotage, property destruction, etc. in principle,
> whoever does them for whatever purposes?
>
> Yoshie

Depends. If we were in a civil war or some kind of revolutionary period, I would not be against sabotage or property destruction if it helped to advance the cause in the face of counter-revolutionary violence. I'm also in favor of self-defense. I've long felt that women's health centers should have armed guards to show the antichoice assassins and terrorists that they mean business. But these are, in present time, extreme cases. What happened at Brown (and at Seattle) was a sideshow, and served to undermine the larger cause.

DP